Given its small size, Sainte-Foy only has a limited choice of around 15 restaurants in the village - but the quality is surprisingly high. Restaurants are generally very welcoming and cosy, so you'll want to linger over your meal. Menus often feature local and mountain specialities, though the usual pizza can be found too.
• La Maison à Colonnes – Dine in a beautifully-restored 16th century chalet, which offers local favourites like raclette, fondue and pierrade as well as steaks and seafood.
• Le Monal Hotel – Panoramic views and an open fireplace give this place a refined charm. Choose between great grilled dishes or specialities like frogs legs and stuffed duck. Save room for a delicious dessert, like the iced genepi parfait.
• Black Diamond – Modern and lively, with a creative menu including textures of beetroot starter, beef fillet with paprika onion rings, and textures of apple dessert. Order 24 hours in advance for mouthwatering chateaubriand.
• Les Brevettes (top of Arpettaz chairlift) – Head here early to get a spot on the popular sun terrace and fuel up with a plat du jour.
• Chez Mérie (Le Miroir) – This place simply oozes French mountain charm, with wooden beams, a roaring log fire, sheepskin rugs and fantastic regional cuisine.
• Les Marquises (top of Marquise chairlift) – Not one but two terraces means there’s plenty of space for you to enjoy fresh food, like grilled meat and hot doughnuts.
Nightlife is almost non-existent in Sainte-Foy en Tarentaise. The resort is very small and for visitors who are passionate about skiing and want to spend their time after dinner relaxing with a drink in their hand.
• L'Après – This is probably the only après spot in town. Live bands perform occasionally, there's an outdoor terrace and sports matches are shown on the TV.
• Yeti Boots – Located near the ski schools, this bar has a fairly lively atmosphere and happy hours. They host live music events and even karaoke on certain nights.
• Le Saint Germain – This wine and tapas bar is unique in that it has a built-in burner on every table so you can sample some Alpine classics like fondue. If you need entertaining further, there's regular live music nights.
• Before lunchtime, head up La Marquise charlift to catch the best of the morning sun.
• Advanced skiers and boarders should try one of the unpisted black 'Natur' runs at the top of the L'Aguille chairlift.
We’re all about giving you support, expertise and info before, during and after your holiday – it’s what we do. Our service includes:
- 24/7 support and assistance.
- Ski Explorer app with maps, resort info and tips as well as snow and weather reports.
- Text messages with essential information about your journey.
As there won’t be a rep based in Sainte-Foy, we’ll meet you at the airport to give you your vouchers if you’ve pre-booked lift passes, equipment hire or tuition, and make sure you’re ready for the mountain. There won’t be any Crystal-run après events, but you can check our free Crystal Ski Explorer app for details on local events and activities. If you need any assistance, you can call the Crystal team 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
To make your transfer quicker, when you get to Bourg St Maurice, you may have to transfer to a smaller vehicle which will take you directly into St Foy en Tarentaise.
All our holidays include shared transfers to and from your accommodation. However, if you would prefer a private transfer, this can be added when booking. These are taken by car, 6-seater or minibus, depending on the number of people in your booking.